Sobre el resultado de las votaciones para desarrollo de SFX en IGELU. Ex Libris adaptará SFX al entorno de los móviles y hará que cumpla los estándares de accesibilidad tal como se ha pedido como resultado de la votación.
——– Mensaje original ——–
|Asunto:||[SFX] 2012 Software Enhancement Voting Results & More|
Greetings to all,
Here are the results of this past fall’s voting for SFX software enhancements. The top two vote-getters will be developed as result of the October/November 2012 enhancement voting. These developments are:
1) Mobile use: add mobile version of SFX menu and MultiObject menu
Optimize the display of the SFX menu and the multi object screen on mobile devices, such as smartphones.
The development plan for this request is to begin delivery in 4.6 or the subsequent release. Release 4.6 is scheduled for the third quarter of 2013.
2) SFX Public Interfaces: Functional Accessibility
Make all SFX public interfaces functionally accessible to the blind and to users who cannot use a mouse. Highest priority: SFX Menu and A-Z List. Useful guidelines: http://fae.cita.uiuc.edu/, http://wave.webaim.org/ and W3C.
Examples of A-Z accessibility failures:
– Inappropriate use of html tables for page layout; particularly egregious: A-Z search form submit button is in a separate table from the rest of the form. Best practice –
– Insufficient navigation aids to allow a user to skip down to the relevant portion of the page. Imagine you were a blind user who had to read through this page, top to bottom, to find what you were looking for: http://www.carli.illinois.edu/mem-prod/sfx/az-linearized.txt Best practice –
Examples of SFX menu accessibility failures:
– On direct Link-with-banner pages, each frame does not have a meaningful title. Best practice –
Per W3C rule: http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/#tech-frame-titles .
– Use of the language dropdown to alter the language of the menu’s "boilerplate" text does not set an appropriate language value in the header of the page as a whole, so screen-reading software has no way to know which language’s rules to apply to its read aloud function. Best practice –
Per W3C rules: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-TECHS/#tech-identify-changes
The development plan for this request is the same, to begin delivery in 4.6 or the subsequent release. Release 4.6 is scheduled for the third quarter of 2013.
Eighty-four user group member sites took part in this year’s voting. This is a 30 % increase in members voting over the 64 sites that voted in 2011. This increase is totally attributable to increased participation by IGeLU members.
Enhancements were chosen for development by Ex Libris based on a number of considerations including:
i) the number of votes received by the users
ii) how many can be done in a given time (inversely proportional to the complexity and effort required)
iii) what effect an enhancement may have on other components
iv) the alignment of an enhancement with the existing product roadmap
The complete list of enhancement requests with voting results for 2012 can be found here:
You will need your EL Commons login to access this report.
Thanks to everyone for your participation!
In addition, we would like to update you on the status of the enhancements from 2011. Five of the six approved enhancements have been developed and released over this past year. The one that is still pending is the development of the mobile A-Z list. The mobile A-Z list is planned for release 4.5 in March 2013. The complete list of enhancement requests with voting results for 2011 can be found here:
Remember, you can add enhancements to the NERS system for the next round of voting at any time, just use your site’s ELUNA or IGeLU login to NERS. For any NERS related questions, including changing your password or determining who your site contact might be, please contact the NERS team at mailto:email@example.com.
Mathias Kratzer, IGeLU Software Enhancement Coordinator <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Michelangelo M. M. Viana, IGeLU Software Enhancement Coordinator <mailto:email@example.com>
Janet Arth, ELUNA Software Enhancement Coordinator <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>